To obtain a multi-site license you must negotiate a special offer with linuxoid, the developer of AB Forum.
Click below to send a private message and begin the process. You may need to sign in to community.concretecms.com before you can message this user.Send Message
This is remarkably powerful given its price. A lot of forum requirements have been taken into account thus provided …
AB Forum add-on
This forum addon is not just a block or a simple package, it's a whole feature rich application with functionality similar to and in some cases exceeding that found in other popular stand alone forum applications.
It is powerful, rich, levarages concrete5 functionality yet minimalistic in styling and redirects giving you the opportunity to style it to your wishes and to minimize jumping through pages. It caters for users, moderators and administrators.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY v1.7.0
- Min required Concrete CMS version: 8.5.4
- Option added not to use pages for posts to avoid overwhelming sitemap with thousands of post pages (see Notes)
- Option to choose post route type: ID, UID or UID-title
- Intuitive setup
- Extensive options to add posts, topics, users
- Categories for visual topic separation (for display only, no serach/filter by category)
- Add forum users from groups
- Dashboard pages with lots of features and fine tune settings and options for each post and global forum settings
- Comes with blocks: forum post lists (normal, recent), forum post, forum post topics (with sidebar templates), forum post discussion
- Advanced detail filter, search and sort, 4 main filter types: icons, dropdown, tabs, links
- Search by topics, users, content, dates, between or in last periods
- Forum post and reply multiple file attachments with AJAX
- Inline or popup forum post form with secure validation
- Forum user pages with extra options for moderators
- Add/edit/delete/activate/deactivate users, assign moderator rights
- Add/edit/delete/approve/refuse forum posts and messages, make posts sticky (for period or untimed) and/or locked
- Turn on/off info to display in blocks
- Option to bulk add users from Forum User group in Forum > Users
- Plain or rich text editor (see Notes)
- Forum Post flagging (e.g. if spam or inappropriate)
- Flagged and Replies icons in posts in Dashboard forum list
- User editing of own forum posts and replies in Account > My Forum
- Full forum moderation in front end and Account
- Moderator can edit all posts and replies in Account
- Option to allow application for Forum User account in Settings
- Reference to reply added and shown in new replies
- New block Forum Post Topic Discussion with minimalistic and full controls options
- Thread(s) subscriptions functionality
- New forum post and reply notifications functionality added
- Email notifications reworked (sends emails to Admin and subscribers)
- Improvements in security, functionality, usability, layouts
- Attachments folder selection in Settings, extra action buttons in Dashboard, extra tooltips
- File deletion events remove database reference and vise versa removing files from forum deletes them on server
- Responsive design
- English and Russian language
- Option to install sample content
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Unzip add-on file in your site's packages/ folder
2. Login to your site as an administrator
3. Find "Add Functionality" page in Dashboard
4. Find this package in list of packages Awaiting installation
5. Click "Install" button
HOW TO USE
See this AB Forum Howto for more detail.
- Add-on is styled for use with Bootstrap theme.
- NO forum post pages lets you have thousands of posts without overwhelming your sitemap with thousands of pages. A forum post list page is created during the installation (/forum) and the post page routing is based on either a post ID, unique ID or a combination of the UID and post title, e.g. /forum/post/uid-title.
- Sometimes after numerous post updates, installs, uninstalls and sample content installation:
- if some posts turn disabled, press the post Approve/Withdraw button on the Forum page to enable them;
- if some posts show no published page or if page names or addresses changed or you simply want to go back to defaults, either delete and regenerate the post page in post settings or regenerate all post pages in Forum Settings;
- if for whatever reason too many posts are created and need to be removed, either delete all posts or all content from Forum in the Forum Settings.
- Save Settings before regenerating pages for them to take effect.
- Global Settings override individual post ones.
- Multilingual support is not provided out of the box and is not included in the package cost. Multilingual setup is possible, however it requires changes in code and can only be provided as paid support.
- Although switching the editor from plain text to rich text poses no risk to the existing content, please be aware that users can paste badly formatted rich text into the editor with missing HTML tags which can break the page layout. Allow rich text editing for users only if you understand the risks and consequences.
- Please realize that giving users the ability to save forum posts and replies in rich text will consume much higher database server space and reduce the site processing speed. Use rich text if you understand the consequences.