A quick, but highly configurable way of adding eCommerce functionality to your Concrete CMS website, using Shopify.
Shopify is a great eCommerce platform, but often you may only want to sell products through it, and not replace your entire site with a Shopify website. This add-on allows you to quickly and easily add Shopify 'Buy Buttons' to your Concrete CMS website, in flexible ways.
With this add-on you get the best of two worlds:
- The ability to process and manage products and orders using Shopify, using their cost competitive 'Lite' plan
- Whilst still using the power and flexibility of Concrete CMS to manage your site, the way you want.
It's a very low cost way to get up and running quickly with eCommerce on your website, or add ordering to your existing website.
- A Shopify Product block, which allows you to embed a Shopify Buy Button on any page. The block can either display a selected product, or automatically display a product based on a page attribute
- Automatic embedding of the Shopify Cart across your site
- Optional automatic set up of a suggested page type, set up for use with Composer, allowing you to get up and running in minutes
- A Shopify Product attribute, allowing you to select a product from your Shopify site, and then programatically use it in various ways.
- Customisation options for labelling, currency display, as well as a switch to turn on and off buttons/ordering completely.
- A page list custom template that outputs Buy Buttons, for further flexibility
Styling and Customizations
By default the add-on:
- Styles the cart neutrally, using no colours and clean fonts. The cart can be customised using a simple override file (e.g. to change the color of the checkout button)
- Outputs Buy Button controls directly onto a page as HTML, allowing them to be styled using CSS to match your theme. By default Bootstrap classes are used, so will match with many Concrete CMS theme (in particular the default, Elemental).
For clarity, this add-on
- does not automatically fetch/synchronise products from Shopify
- does not provide order or product management functions through the dashboard, these are still performed within Shopify's dashboard