Pull content from many places. Transform it in many ways. Display it in many ways.
Universal Content Puller can pull content from a range of Content Sources, transform that pulled content using a range of Content Transforms, then display the transformed content using a range of Content Displays.
Requires php7.3+. Compatible with php8+.
Once installed, you will have:
- A Universal Content Puller block in the Basic block group.
- Dasboard pages at Dashboard > Stacks & Blocks > Universal Content Puller
Some of the things you can do with Universal Content Puller:
- Use Parent Area to implement a set of common sidebars for each region of your site, in the same way as UCP has been used to provide a common sidebar for these documentation pages.
- Use Child Area to prepended a blog list with some actual content from the most recent blog post.
- Use Page Area to show a selected area or snippet of content from another page.
- Show third party CSV files as formatted tables.
- Show CSV files in the concrete5 file manager as formatted tables.
- Pull in snippets of content and tables from other sites.
- Display tabular data as a Chart - requires Universal Content Puller Charts
- Generate page lists and user lists with full control of what information is displayed.
- For quick display development, use a simple Element file to format all data or each item in a list - requires Universal Content Puller Elements (Free).
- Pull files of data from anywhere on the web or from the concrete5 file Manager.
- Show JSON data as formatted lists or tables.
- Extract data from XML or RSS feeds and show it in lists or tables.
- Pull using SQL from any database - requires Universal Content Puller XX Sources (Free)
- Filter any tabular data with an SQL query - requires Universal Content Puller XX Sources (Free).
- Do any of the above with AJAX.
- Pull anything into a dropdown, lightbox or slideout using Button Nav templates for UCP.
- Use as a basis for integrating any API sourced data.
Have a look through the available Content Sources, Content Transforms and Content Displays. These can be mix and matched for boundless possibilities.
1. Select a Content Source to pull
- Stacks and Global Areas
- Areas of pages in the site (by page, parent or child)
- Files from the file manager
- From a page list, user list, express list, calendar event list
- Files from anywhere by path or URL
- From a Google Sheet
- Query any database with SQL - requires Universal Content Puller XX Sources (Free)
2. Transform it with a Content Transform
- Markdown to HTML
- Add line breaks
- Table from CSV, HTML, XML, JSON or Text lines
- Sort a table by row or coumn
- Extract from CSS or XML by selectors into text or multi-dimensional array
- Build complex transforms with a pipeline. Sort, slice and shuffle tabular data.
3. Display it with a Content DIsplay
4. When displaying array data
- Add Headings
- Direct or AJAX and AJAX marker
- Direct or Cache
- Autolink and Auto-Image
- Block wrapper element and class
- Edit mode and recursion markers
Universal Content Puller is designed for extension. Content sources, transforms and displays follow a pluggable and extensible architecture for easy integration of further sources, transforms and displays from within UCP or provided by third party packages or your own application specific plugins. Customized display is now even easier with Universal Content Puller Elements.